View Single Post
Old April 19, 2002, 12:55 AM   #18
Navy joe

Umm.. KS, our Norweigan friend is surrounded on 3 sides by concrete as he explained and the 4th opens out onto a rather large expanse of water. Since were dealing with what he has, not what magical-tactical sword he can buy I can't see recommending a single shot SG of probably comparatively delicate construction over the more robust and multi-shot K98. Further I don't think a 110gr V-max from the -06, not 8mm, will over penetrate flesh or concrete, I see lots of dust or pink mist depending on what you hit.

I don't exactly see how rifles are always bad, of two guns I could lay my hands on right now, I'd figure that the .223 with 40gr CXP HP would be less of a concern than my "wimpy" 9mm with 124 GDHP. With either gun I have to worry about what's beyond the target, why not use something effective? And no, I don't hang out in gunshops and I've said it before, I'll say it again, I just fix airplanes for a living, guess I'm not "tactical" :barf: enough to be trusted with a rifle. Your anti rifle for home HD arguement sounds a lot like the Bill Ruger "No honest man..." line. By your same reasoning no PD should have patrol rifles unless they work in places with less than 50 people per sq mile. Which incidentally it sounds like just that kind of nice place where Goosegunner lives.

Speaking of that name, whatta you want to bet that 12 ga is longer than the 98, just for gunning geese? And loud? Geez, my air rifle hurts my ears indoors, I think its kind of a wash unless you get electronic muffs, nobody will hear much for a while, just one of the people it will be because his central nervous system is no longer accepting calls.

Page generated in 0.03547 seconds with 8 queries