View Single Post
Old January 31, 2010, 06:48 PM   #31
Lee Lapin

I've heard only bad things about their reliability.

Really?

REALLY?

10,000,000 870s sold (that's 'ten million') since 1950.

90% plus of the law enforcement agencies that issue shotguns in the US use 870s.

There are untold millions of satisfied (or even happier) 870 owners out there who have used their guns regularly for decades.

And you've only heard BAD THINGS about 870 reliability?

Maybe you should spend a little time out in the real world, and get away from keyboardland for a while?

If it matters, I've been shooting 870s on and off for going on 40 years. I've never broken a part on one of my guns (and I have over a dozen 870s in different gauges). I've never bought one new, either- they've all been bought used. I've had problems with fired shells (Fiocchis- go figure) sticking in one 870 barrel, and that one was bought used on eBay.

Other than that, I have never had any problems with reliability in any of the 870s I've owned.

Never.

Look, it's your money, and your decision. Buy what you want. But AT LEAST get some better information in the process of making a decision.

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.02470 seconds with 8 queries