View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 10:36 AM   #66
ScottRiqui

Quote:
That pretty much sums it up for me. I'm getting sick of all the hoarding complaints, and also the price gouging talk. Personal freedom is a big part of what the constitution is meant to preserve. So it gets annoying when folks cuss the government for telling us what we "need" but then turn around and tell others how they should/should not conduct sales or how they should/should not spend their money. Or to put it more plainly, how they "need" to exercise their personal freedoms.

I'll decide how I conduct my finances and personal purchases for myself. That's MY business. Don't tread on me.
To an extent I agree with you. But I also don't think that "screw you - I got mine" is a particularly righteous, noble or "American" attitude, either.

We can talk about free markets, the "invisible hand" and personal freedoms all day, but any individual's actions affect everyone else as well. With a finite resource, every widget you buy is a widget that's no longer available for anyone else to buy - that's simple "laws of physics" stuff.

So while a buyer may be completely within his legal and moral rights to buy up every single round of ammo he can lay his hands on, even in times of near-universal scarcity, either to stockpile it away or to turn around and sell it for profit, I'm still going to call him out for being the douchebag he is.

Last edited by ScottRiqui; February 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.02563 seconds with 8 queries