View Single Post
Old October 21, 2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Sevens

IMO, it's a niche caliber and it's popularity is on the rise right now, so folks have likely bought up the brass you saw (or thought you saw).

You said it's no .45, but think of what that means-- most guys who actually go through with the purchase of a 10mm are enthusiasts. There is no scientific data, but I can't imagine there are many folks who have bought and shoot and/or carry a 10 that don't reload. The few that don't reload probably realized a long, LONG time ago that it makes sense to stockpile their brass, for just the 10mm if not for all their calibers.

People are still running out and buying 9mm and .45 handguns every day, many of them new or relatively new to shooting. They fling brass left and right and have no idea that there is any use to it whatsoever. I've forgotten all the times someone at a public range sees me picking up brass and wonders what in the heck I'm doing, and why.

I would hazard a guess that new brass will be showing up for sale more often as more 10's are being sold all the time. But used or once-fired brass? I don't see that as a real easy or plentiful option any time soon.

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries