View Single Post
Old November 14, 2005, 09:43 PM   #5
Sir William

Many years ago, I was a trusting individual. No longer. My partner and I were returning from an early AM EMS call and a guy tried to hold us up for the morphine. IOWs, everybody should worry about spotting trouble. Keep the tires of any vehicle in front of you visible to allow for an escape route. ONLY use the rear of your vehicle as a battering ram if you have to. The last thing you need is to set off your own airbags and injure yourself or disable your vehicle. The principal visual clues are weird driving, odd behaviour, out of place grunge drivers in luxury vehicles and the flat tire gimmick. A vehicle will often pull up beside of you and tell you a tire is going flat. Keep driving. Blow the light if you are truly nervous, you have already scanned L-R-L, if it is clear, go. I hope you have a charged cell phone with good signal. Call in and report strange things that you see. If a guy is hitting somebody in the head with a hammer, be a good witness. Do not ever get out of your vehicle, it is your fortress, stay in it. Use your mirrors and if they are remote, move them to keep a visual on anything you think odd. Be aware, drive defensively or even offensively when you must and decide when to take action. Do you wait for a homeless bum to jump into your vehicle before having your door locks fixed? Maintain your vehicle in good repair. You don't want to break down if you can avoid it. I don't suggest you place a loaded weapon on the front seat either. If you have to escape, the weapon is unsecured and probably not at hand.

Page generated in 0.02544 seconds with 8 queries