View Single Post
Old April 2, 2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Doc Hoy

Funny post, CP

I have sixteen revolvers and all of them have some side to side movement of the loading lever. 1/4 is a bit much. The rest of the problems you spoke of are distressing.

I have seen a couple new pistols in which I felt they could have taken an extra fifteen minutes at the factory to get a better finish. The inner surfaces of the frame on a Remington in my experience are frequently overlooked. I can smooth up some brass (I know yours is SS) myself but it bothers me when I examine a pistol that was blue before it was polished correctly. I think most manufacturers are getting (or have gotten) better at this.

I worry that "D"s told you they would sell your the best one out of forty. It is bad business no matter who gets the best one because that means somebody has to settle for second best. And how much does the worst one cost? It is an absolute admission that they will knowingly sell crap to the customer.

As regards pigs, I got invited to go wild boar hunting when I was stationed on Guam in my younger days. I was befriended by a couple of the locals who like to shoot. I thought it might be some fun. Then they told me that you hunt pigs with a knife. I didn't have a .44 caliber knife so I passed n the offer.

Box up the lemonade and send it to Chesapeake. I am thirsty.

Page generated in 0.02112 seconds with 8 queries