View Single Post
Old February 28, 2007, 10:36 PM   #78
FM12

Gee...I don't know what else can be said...please note, first, that the term "bullet-PROOF" is a misnomer, the correct term is "body armor" or "bullet resistant", very little of what we know as kevlar, et. al. is really, truly "bulletproof", even with the trauma plate installed, covering roughly the area of the sternum (Breastbone). Second,being involved in a shooting where it is pistol vs. rifle, take heavy odds on the rifle bearer. We carry handguns because we can. If trouble breaks out, a long gun is really preferable. Third, dont assume you will be reocgnized a hero, etc and may be a victim if mis-identified by LEO. Lay down your weapon and lie on the ground, hands and arms outstertched when the good guys arrive. You can be macho if you like, but you may be a dead macho type, also. Never assume that you will be recognized when trhying to help as a "good guy" even if you wear a white hat. LEO are now looking for more than one BG after the N Hollywood bank shootout, and the likes of the pair at Colombine HS.They might just think you're one of the BGs. That's why I try to have a "raid" jacket close to me, to id me as LE if need be. Fourth, protect your family first. Dont drag them into something needlessly. Train as best you can. Practice as best you can. ALWAYS do all of the good you can. Fifth, get a lesson or two on continuum of force. Sixth, get a copy of Massad Ayoob's excellent book "In the Gravest Extreme", and read it, then re read it. God bless America and those who try to protect her!! FM12

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries