View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Rob228

Interesting find at the LGS (Sorry, didn't buy it, and forgot pics)

I have a thing for .243 rifles, my first centerfire ever was a Mossberg bolt action carbine that had been in the family for about 45 years, and my first build was a Remington 700 Varmint gun that I went all out on. Today while getting some sights installed on a pistol I noticed a rack of sporterized Mausers and went to take a look. One of them was a .243, originally built on a Swedish Mauser, but sporterized by Kimber. It had a synthetic stock, I checked the barrel and it was free floated all the way down to 1 inch in front of the action, and except for the cheap, beat up scope it was wearing it looked great. Came with Leupold rings though. They were wanting $425. The trigger was not phenomenal, but if I recall correctly there are some aftermarket Mauser triggers by Timney?

I do have a kid on the way, and have done some gun buying fairly recently, however this rifle had me thinking of which pistols I'd be willing to trade for it. I would however like to hear if anyone has experience with rifles customized by Kimber. I do have an 8400 in .325 so I have some experience with Kimber's own rifles, but I never had any idea that they were building these.

When I have a LOT of ammo, and dies, it is pretty hard to say no to another .243

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries