View Single Post
Old October 20, 2004, 10:07 PM   #6
templar333

spartus, where are you located? 'Cos if you're on the West Coast, you have a good number of places you can go to. For starters, try ITTS and if you think you wanna jazz up your weapons handling skill, you can even try Matt Burkett in AZ. For combative pistol, I think Jeff Gonzales is outta AZ. Like I said, there are a good number of folks all over. However, if you're in the vicinity then I don't see why the SIG Academy shouldn't be a consideration.

Need to ask yourself as to what kinda training you're looking for? I've come to the point where I've separated the kinda training available in defense / combative, tactics OR skills development / weapons handling. Seen far too many folks who jump into defense, tactics, etc without a solid core in weapons handling.

Phil306, a quick update for you......that S&W thing is a truly a thing of the past. The folks at S&W have been out there busting their chops to support the shooting sports this year. They've put in money and donations to almost every single state event I've been to. Not only that, they've been getting out themselves and shooting some of these events. It's a long story about what happened a couple of years ago and I'm sure you can find tons of info on the forums.

That said, as for their training, unfortunately I have no experience with that

Last edited by templar333; October 21, 2004 at 09:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 8 queries