View Single Post
Old September 7, 2008, 03:34 PM   #17
zippy13

Gun Mystque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattergun Bob
I ran into this one at Sportsmans warehouse, engraved and AVAILABE, I said "so sweety where have you been my whole life", and bought it.
There's something mystical and mesmerizing about guns...
I went into a gun shop to take advantage of a serious sale on SSA replicas. They were sold out, but as I was turning to leave, a cute little Rossi lever rig jumped off a top shelf, flew over the sales aisle and display counter and landed in my hands. Of course, after a performance like that, I had to give it a new home.
Another time, I bought an extra back-up skeet gun from a club mate. Being in Calif., the sale had to go thru a dealer and he had to impound the gun for 15-days to keep things legal. After waiting, I went to pick it up expecting to pay: the transfer fee, storage fee and $450 in sales tax. Imagine my pleasure when he charged me just the basic transfer fee. As I was at the register thanking him, I noticed a sweet Smith & Wesson with a winged rib, custom grips and pimped up finish. One of the store's gunsmiths was in a pinch and put his personal wheel gun on consignment. After two weeks with my new shotgun, I got a call from the gun shop reminding me the waiting period for my new revolver was over. Seems I'd purchased the smith's Smith.
Is it just me, or does this kind of thing happen to most shooters?

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries