View Single Post
Old October 17, 2009, 11:16 PM   #30
mrnkc130

Quote:
I actually went to the bank once and applied for a loan to get a machinegun. They couldn't determine how to use the gun as collateral for the loan, so they offered me a high interest rate and I turned down the loan.
they must have wanted to do an unsecured signature loan, I has thought about that too but interest is higher than a credit card!

I guess if you took out a secured loan on a machine gun and defaulted on it im sure they could think of a way to reposses it, probably just dont want to mess with the paperwork, i have found a lot of banks are lazy like that, i think they forget even though you are getting a loan from them, you are the customer and they need you more than you need them.

I'm thinking I will probably just use cash I have on hand and take out a 401k loan for the remainder...seems like the best option for me, probaly a better idea than using a credit card anyways.

I looked around on the internet for a little while today looking for the DIAS and found some pictures of them and desrciptions of how they work, I also read you have to set them correctly and they need to be shimmed in place and all sorts of other stuff, seems like quite a hassle which really makes me question reliability...seems like it could be pretty tempermental.

Quote:
In terms of value, durability, and usefulness...

Lightning link < DIAS < AR-15 conversion RR < Colt M16 RR.
PTK i was wondering why you rated a converted registered reciever below a colt m16? if it was a conversion (not a married DIAS and lower) are they not the same? basically a m16 bolt and fire control group dropped into a previously semi automatic lower?

If they are cheaper I think I would rather go that way than an actual m16. Im not looking for historical signifigance of any kind, I would likely get rid of an A1 upper and old m4 style buttstock as soon as i got it anyways, i would also, if worn at all, replace the entire trigger group and bolt with a 4 position selector.

Does anyone know are you required to destroy or turn in a FA trigger group if you replace it? how many spare parts could you have laying around for it? just curious...
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries