View Single Post
Old March 7, 2008, 10:48 AM   #62
David Armstrong

Quote:
There's something called concealed carry... maybe you heard about it.
Heard about it, practiced it, train others in it, for quite some time. haven't really run across much about any requirement for CCW in your own house.
Quote:
That is your opinion.
Sorry, but no. The OP asked for info on a specific point, the use of a 5-shot snub in a particular situation. Changing the situation to defend your own personal choice of gun is not particualrly relevant.
Quote:
Crime is prevented by people with snubs, but "not prevented by folks with hi-cap autos"??
Do they have some magic property, that cna be found in snubs alone?
That has to be the most unrealistic comment I've read, ever.
Perhaps your English is a bit weak? It is not an exclusive comment, that one always works and that one never works. It says that on a regular basis we see crimes attempted that are stopped by snubs, just as on a regular basis we see crimes that are not stopped by hi-cap autos. Nothing magic, just failure to understand some nuances of language on your part.
Quote:
I stand corrected. Suggesting a 22 LR derringer for self defense. Now that's the most outrageous advice I've read in a gun related forum.
Well, once again we see the that some want to argue over what was not said instead of dealing with what was said. Nobody suggested anything. There is a difference between pointing out that something works and suggesting that it be used, and it is outrageous to claim otherwise.

Quote:
david has always felt 'scareing' BGs with guns would do for 'most' situations.
That is not so much what David feels as it is what all the data show. I know that reporting facts offends you for some reason, but it doesn't change those facts.
Quote:
Carry something a bit better than that piece of crap david suggest for 'most' situations.
As always, deaf, you make claims that are not true. David has never suggested one carry a piece of crap. You are making things up again.

Quote:
As far as I know - and I know the literature and experts quite well - the rate of success of such guns is very, very high and if there is a significant different in DGU success by caliber for civilians - it's not out there and the experts don't know it.
Uncommonly strange how the literature in the field and the experts in the field agree on this, yet so many with absolutely no real kowledge of the subject disagree with them.

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries