View Single Post
Old September 6, 2004, 12:51 PM   #22
rugerdude

Get The Maverick!!!!!

I paid 140 dollars brand new for mine and I could have paid less but I liked the ribbed fore-end. the money you save on not buying a 200+ dollar gun can go to getting ammo to practise with, or things like a side folding stock (the 88 is a bit long at 4 feet). Personally I have never short shucked a shell, The action was a bit stiff when it was brand new but that has been fixed. It may not be the most expensive gun but I would trust my life to it in a HD scenario. Also I was amazed at how simple it was, taking it apart and cleaning it is no sweat. Oh and in case you were wondering, the maverick 88 is a cost effective version of the mossy 500, the safety is on the trigger guard which will probably be more familliar to you anyway. Yes, it is a plastic safety but it is durable enough (i don't plan on banging the safety on a rock anytime soon). Or if you want a true evil HD gun you can buy the Mav and order the 18.5 inch barrel from mossberg and put a PG or folding stock on it. All for less than the cost of an 870. (I think, barrel:75, PG:15, Folder:40)

Page generated in 0.05129 seconds with 8 queries