View Single Post
Old October 12, 2013, 01:36 AM   #24
kawasakifreak77

Parts came in today!

Timney trigger: Holy freak'n crap this is nice. It's a whole different rifle now. Getting it on the action & set was easy as pie... Getting the action back in the stock & the trigger gaurd around the trigger is another story. Best $40 I spent on a rifle to date.

Skinner low pro peep: Nice simple unit. I got it adjusted down with the milsurp rear sight still in place then drifted it out of the way so I should be close.

The gunsmith called me to say my Micro was ready so I headed down there to pick it up. They had a few boxes of 142 SMKs so I got one. Sierras have done me well in my Micro & the 142s seem to be non exsistant online so I didn't mind paying a few extra bucks for something that is otherwise unobtainable.

Might be a bit much for punching paper but it's nice having good bullets.

I got back to the house, where I'd left about 60 PMC brass shaking. We have two sets of dies, one Hornady & one Lee. I got the Hornady set out & for some reason the brass would go up into the die with basically no resistance but would damn near pull the brass in two coming back out. Don't know what that was about. I was using Dillion case lube. I switched to the Lee die & they went smoooooth.

I'm new to reloading for a rifle, as I had some trouble at first with the .300blk I'm making from LC 5.56 range pickups but I've since solved that. Wasn't getting the case far enough up there.

One thing I did notice is how all the brass have a little buldge about 1/4" from the rim. This must be the difference of the smaller American brass in the Euro chamber.

So i hop on my robot phone here to look at what ya'll have suggested but didn't have any reception. I start digging through all the old manuals & could only find loads for one powder, IMR 3031. Most this equipment was passed down to my dad when my great uncle passed. Dad's too busy to really mess around with loading so it's been passed down to me. Most this stuff older than I am so it's probably time to update some things.

Boy this Swede must have a loooong throat. I settled on a coal of 3.100" to start. Close as I can tell I'm still almost .050" from the lands. Middle of the road charge of 3031 is 36 grains on top of a CCI primer.

Field report tomorrow!

Page generated in 0.03758 seconds with 8 queries