View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013, 12:01 AM   #16
44 AMP
Staff

I have had three swedes, foolishly getting rid of the first one I got (a carbine).

I currently have a 1917 M96 (the looong infantry rifle 29" barrel) and a sporterized Norwegian Krag in 6.5x55mm. Haven't shot the Krag yet, but I have shot the Swede some. R-P cases, a medium charge of IMR 4320, and Speer 140gr SP.

Haven't grouped that load, but it shoots well enough to regularly ring the 400yd gong on the range, with the sight on its lowest setting.

I have had and installed Timmeny triggers in several mausers over the years, they are an excellent trigger.

Just don't set the sear engagement to light. I'd recommend not changing it at all, you can get a fine crisp trigger using the other adjustments.

If you do mess with the sear engagement, be sure to slam the bolt shut hard on the empty rifle a few dozen times. If the striker drops, even once, readjust the sear engagement back to where it was, and test again. If it passes, leave it there, and live with it.

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries