View Single Post
Old February 16, 2005, 10:36 PM   #5
magsnubby

The Ruger Security Six/Service Six/ Speed Six was Rugers first D/A revolvers. They are great guns. They're built like a tank and with a little action work and a pair of good grips they are exellent guns.

As johnbt cautioned, the 150 pre-fix guns are hard to find aftermarket grips for. The back of the grip frame is shaped diffrent on the 150 pre-fix guns. The 150 grips show up on ebay and Gun Broker at times. Some of the older grips, like Mustang were made to fit both 150 and 151 prefix guns. I bought a pair of Mustang checkered walnut grips off of ebay last year for $20.00 that will fit either gun. Either one is a great gun.

I bought a 150 pre-fix blued 4 incher in exellent condition at a gun show last year for $150.00. After seeing several at gun shows in the last few months priced, and selling, for $200.00 to $250.00 i realized what a great deal i got on mine.

You can also modify the 150 pre-fix guns to accept the later 151 pre-fix grips. I had a pair of really nice walnut grips i had taken off my stainless Security Six. I used them for a templet to modify the blued gun. I roughed the frame into shape with a grinder then finished up with a Dremel. I used sandpaper to do the final smoothing then cold blued it. If you take your time shapping and polishing the frame it will come out looking like a factory job.

Did i mention what great guns they are?

Page generated in 0.02454 seconds with 8 queries