Thread: Water Dropping?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 04:16 AM   #14
Mike / Tx

Yesterday I poured up a couple hundred TLC311-165-RF using some of the large iso core alloy I had. After looking at my WW stash and my pure stash I figured I might as well go ahead and try the iso core since I had a full box of ingots ready to go and they are listed as pretty close to the same minus the arsenic in the iso core.

Anyway as most recommend sizing the water dropped ASAP and I also had found this to be true with some handgun bullets, I dried them all off, and set up to size and seat the GC on them. I figured I would simply use some Imperial Sizing wax as it just happened to be sitting next to the press. So I grabbed up a couple set the check in place and slathers them down to run through the Lee sizer. WOW were they something to shove through the .309" die I was using. So figuring that might be a tad small I also ran a couple of them through a .313" die I had as well. Same story different verse. Those things were about as hard as anything I have ever sized. I haven't checked any on my hardness tester just yet but I will bet they easily hit up above 15-18 for sure.

Page generated in 0.02382 seconds with 8 queries