View Single Post
Old August 16, 2009, 05:08 PM   #27
CraigC

If you're so against it, why have you added a descriptive line of text in every entry of yours that I've seen? You really think adding " Springfield Armory XD45 Compact Tactical" or "Robinson XCR-L 5.56 with Aimpoint Micro H-1 RDS", " Browning BPS "12 Iron" For the really rough stuff:", or "Savage 10FP .308 with Choate stock and Falcon scope" promotes bias???

Quote:
If no photo has any description, all the photos are judged on an equal basis.
I agree, total disconnect with reality. No photo here or anywhere else will be judged without bias. And yes, I freely admit to my bias. Guess what? Bias isn't against the rules but what you propose is exactly what I mean by taking the fun out of it.

Quote:
...there should be a means of establishing fair judging for all entries...
What, you want to censor our thought processes?

Quote:
You also flaunt your prejudice by saying you'd rather see mediocre pictures of a well-used gun than high quality shots of a Glock.
I never said mediocre, don't put words in my mouth. Yes, I give far more credit to an average shooter who is able to take a quality photo in an imaginative setting than a professional photographer like yourself taking one in a studio environment. That is my right.

Quote:
The disconnect with reality appears to be your belief that people will adhere to a rule that allows "Labeling the photo and info. about the gun...." I give that rule four posts into the first month before someone disregards it and two hours before that person is complaining that they should be allowed to write whatever they want to write.
Then why have any rules at all?

Page generated in 0.03334 seconds with 8 queries