View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 05:03 PM   #98
kawasakifreak77

A friend of mine & I used to ride our motorcycles down to the river bottoms to go plinking. Across our backs would be your average wood stocked .22 rifle. Even in rural America it seemed to stir up a bit of commotion. Nothing major but... Personally I like to draw as little attention to myself as possible when away from home. I've traveled a bit for as young as I am, 40 states & 2 Canadian provinces by motorcycle or small airplane. I really cannot see even with an extra short nfa type weapon being able to realistically have it on my person at all times to be deployed & used effectively. Any sort of regular long arm away from home would be just silly for my circumstance. If I need a full power rifle to engage a threat I would imagine I could get the heck out of dodge too. Touching of a .223 inside a motel room? Eh no thanks.

I bought a handgun just for defense. A Sig P220 & I practice with it as much as reasonably possible. I cannot imagine needing more than eleven rounds of warm .45 to defend my life, which I hope I never have to do.

Now all this isn't to say my micro 7 doesn't regularly get tossed in the front seat of my cage for no other reason than because. It'd not be my first choice for fighting from the interior of a vehicle however. I'm looking to build a 18" single barrel shotgun to break down & toss in my baggage compartment. But that's more of a survival idea since I have plans to cross very rugged land.

Point being, every firearm has it's place I'm certain. I'm just not seeing the point in carting around anything more than a handgun for defensive purposes as a civilian. Not to ruffle any feathers, jmho.

Last edited by Evan Thomas; February 4, 2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: language.

Page generated in 0.03568 seconds with 8 queries