View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 06:50 AM   #574
Hammer It

Quote:
Sierra 90gr JHC's are hard to come by. But you know what's a helluva lot harder to come by?!

Smith & Wesson Model 16-4's. Hammer It drops those photos and his idea often... but those guns are as scarce as hen's teeth. Produced by Smith & Wesson for what... a year? Year and a half? Something tells me that they didn't produce .32 H&R Magnum k-frames with full underlug barrels in ridiculous amounts like the oodles of model 10's that flowed from every crack in the walls of that facility on the east coast.

I'd love to do exactly what he did and own the same thing. Six inch barrel, what a gorgeous revolver and you can bet the farm that nobody else on the range will have anything like THAT on any range day.

But it's a pipe dream.

Hello Sevens
They are Not as Rare as some would think as made about 8800 of the model 16-4's from 1989-1992 time span. Mine is a first year gun being a 1989. and I bought it new in Box about Eight years ago for $600.00. which at that time was plenty for one but to get one now they average a Grand. Not bad considering they are getting that for these slab sided barrel wonder's with the fiber optics pasted on the barrels. These Model 16-4's do pop up on ocasion but if you plan to own one they average a Grand now. Sierra sports Master hollow point bullets are a hard find. I managed to come across Eight Boxes of them in a Local gun shop here about Two years ago. They were new old stock and just sitting there so the shop owner decided to discount them at $7.00 Per 50 round box and home they came. I went on Vacation Last fall and stopped in a Cabellas in Lower Pennsylvania. They had Twelve boxes of Hornady 100 Grain XTP Bullets in .32 caliber so I bought all Twelve boxes. I stopped at another huge gun shop called Fur, Fish & Game in Middle Ohio and they had another dozen boxes of the Hornady XTP's so I tapped into their entire supply of them as well. These items are out there you just have to look and be willing to pay when they show up, No Pipe dreams, just good hunting Here is a model 16-4 with a 4" Tube on it right now for sale for $1100.00 and I do know where an Unfired 8-3/8" Barrel model is sitting at this point and time as well....Keep the Faith they do surface...

http://www.gunsinternational.com/SMI...n_id=100221777

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries