View Single Post
Old May 23, 2013, 12:00 AM   #7
hAkron

The triggers are not as 'crisp' as a tuned S&W, but the barrel arrangement because it has tension on both ends like a banjo string aids with accuracy as does placing the latch forward of the cylinder. They can seem to be finicky about primers, but on a few of mine it has often been the result of over tightening the grip screw causing the main spring to bind ever so slightly.

The ability to adjust your cylinder gap is great as is being able to solve end shake by adjusting the spring tension on a ball bearing in the frame that acts as a detent for the rear end of the cylinder.

Did I also mention that you could disassemble 10 DW revolvers (with the provided tools), mixup all of the parts, then put all 10 back together again since there is virtually no hand fitting needed on any of the parts.

It's a gun that pretty much eliminated the need for a gunsmith. (At least for most normal stuff...not for the actual detail work).

Most DW fans will tell you that the guns made at the Monson Mass. Plant are the best, and luck would have it, that was also the hay day for Dan Wesson, so really most of the DW guns you'll see for sale are Monson made guns...so much so that I would love to add a Palmer and a Norwich DW to my collection on the merit of rarity alone.

Last edited by hAkron; May 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.03052 seconds with 8 queries