View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Ben Towe

Quote:
My pops,nam vet,wants to know why an M14 costs so much? My SkS has pretty much the same wood/metal... Just as reliable... Is the Gov. to blame or what??? Should'nt cost almost two grand for it... They should be cheaper than the AR's... **** match nonsense.
How could it be made cheaper than an AR? It is a far more complicated design. An AR is an extremely simple modular design that is relatively easy to machine and build, as well as using plastic furniture. Also everyone and their brother builds ARs, and competition keeps prices lower. If you want an M14, Springfield Armory's M1A is the only show in town as far as I know. That alone ensures the price will be higher, even without the sheer extra cost of building one.

An SKS is an even older design, and virtually all were built in Communist countries. They don't cost much to build when you can pay your workers in ration cards and throw them in the Gulag if they don't show up for work. Check out some of the American built AKs, they cost quite a bit more than their Combloc counterparts. At least they did before the panic.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries