Thread: FL to NC
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2011, 11:52 PM   #9
dogtown tom

Quote:
baddarryl Verify this, but my NC CCW instructor told me that you could ship the frame in one package and the slide, barrel assembly in another and be legal to use the Post Office....
Felony.
A firearm frame is still a firearm. Doesn't matter if it's assembled or disassembled.
ONLY licensed dealers and manufacturers can ship firearms other than rifles or shotguns through the USPS. Mere mortals can mail ony rifles and shotguns.

Quote:
Sevens Any FFL can simply use the post office to ship a handgun. But only FFL's can use the post office....
Close.
USPS regulations do not use the term "FFL", only referring to "licensed dealer" & "licensed manufacturer". This excludes an 03FFL (Collector of curios & relics) from mailing or receiving by mail anything other than an eligible rifle or shotgun.

Quote:
Sevens There's only ONE more round-about way I can think of that is still legal.
Uncle GIVES the handgun to some Florida resident.
That resident elects to move to NC, taking the handgun with him.
He gives it to you.
Of course, that doesn't consider NC laws (I'm not familiar with them) That would be 100% legal where I live.
Uh, no. That would be an interstate transfer of a firearm. As the firearm was never actually intended to be the possession of the person moving.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries