View Single Post
Old July 16, 2007, 10:08 PM   #40
ninja

hog hunters

Its funny to hear opinions from people who have never hog hunted or who have never used a specific type of dog to hog hunt with. Yes, a pointer will eat a hog up. They are bred to find game and will bay and catch hogs better than most dogs. I have one that will do it, a registered liver and white english pointer. I also have a German shorthair female that I'm starting now. She is a natural find and bay dog. You cannot go wrong with a pointer. I particularly prefer a pointer/hound/cur cross but any of the three will do it. Dogs don't have to be big to bay or catch hogs. My pittbull is 35 lbs and will catch a 300lb boar. People are so worried about dogs getting cut or killed on hogs. I've never seen one killed. I've been to the woods all over the US, I've hunted with all types of dogs and people. I've never seen a dog killed. It does happen, just like a ufc fighter might die in the ring, but not usually. I've seen dogs get cut real bad and in a month their right back out there. It is a good idea to use cut collars and cut vests, but if you don't just realize your dog will get cut, he will heal, he will hunt again. So please people, if you've never done it, just say you really don't know.

Page generated in 0.03713 seconds with 8 queries