Thread: Eddie Eagle
View Single Post
Old March 4, 2007, 07:39 PM   #10
Big Don

My son is now almost 21 and has been shooting for close to 16 of those of years. He went through the Eddie Eagle program and has taught it to other kids. When started shooting at a local range, the adults were so impressed with his safe firearms behavior that they were very happy to have him shoot combat matches with us. He was trained properly from the beginning and the few minor infractions were treated with due respect. As I have mentioned in another thread, he's the youngest person to earn the coveted Black Shirt from Tactical Firearms Training Team (TFTT shooting school.) One primary reason he was allowed to take the training was the fact that Max Joseph had watched him grow up around firearms and use them properly.
Early training is the answer for those who worry about having firearms around the house. IMHO, the best feature of the Eddie Eagle program is that kids who are around firearms in our own houses learn what to do when one of their buddies brings out dad's gun and wants to show it off. My son knew that was the time to get the heck out of there and tell an adult! That was the greatest value of the EE training.

Page generated in 0.03134 seconds with 8 queries