View Single Post
Old April 14, 2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Well, it is political isn't it? It's politics that is threatening our 2nd amendment right, or at least threatening to threaten it. Was it the opening sentence about Democrats and liberals? I'm registered as a Democrat, voted for Obama, and have some pretty liberal viewpoints. It wasn't meant to be a slam against them, it's just those are the people pushing this legislation.
If the thread is to be politically focused, I must bow out. We're allowed to discuss legal and civil rights, but we cannot engage in political discussion. It doesn't have to do with me wanting to, because I do. It has to do with the forum rules.

Quote:
I don't accept apathy as an acceptable response.
I don't accept it as an answer either personally. But the reality is people are apathetic to the use of the term. The only thing you can do is discuss the debate here, contact your local congressman, and don't give in to using the term when it isn't warranted.

Quote:
That said, I think that you should either have to pass a basic safety class to own a firearm, OR should have been taught safety by a family member. A simple "yes, I taught him and hes safe" style letter, handwritten if you want, signed in witness of a licensed official and that would sit in place of whatever certificate of safety course completion that would otherwise be required.
IMO, this would be about as useful as your parent handing out your drivers license.

Quote:
And I don't think that a place like a Mall has a right to ban your right to carry if you are capable of doing so safely. I don't like the fact that an uninformed store owner can say that I can't go into their store. I respect their right to be anti-gun, but my idea of a federal concealed carry permit would put you up there with law enforcement in that regard, that you are above-and-beyond qualified.
A place of business is the same as your own home. It's the business owner's private property. He(or she. I use he as a generic prose so I don't have to say he/she every time) has the right to impose whatever rules they want. I also have the right to shop elsewhere if I don't like his rules.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03205 seconds with 8 queries