View Single Post
Old March 4, 2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Gaxicus

Dads and reloading

***** I’m not advocating, implying, or even guessing about any legalities or safety concerns concerning kids and reloading in this thread. Just a place to kick around purely hypothetical experiences as kids or with kids and reloading.*****

I helped my dad reload.

Scary isn’t it?

I was young, I loved it, and it really established the concept of trust in our relationship.

Guns and bullets were the most serious thing in the world and he was teaching me about it. It was a big deal.

I had to earn my opportunities with no mistakes and fewer excuses for a long time before I was able to perform another step in the process. In a way it kind of became a barometer of where I stood with him. Not a bad thing to know when you’re a kid.

It wasn’t all just work. I got to impress the old man; He got to impress me, what a time. Not just time with Dad but MAN STUFF with the guy I thought was superman. He still is, kinda.

I think that it is completely fair to say that I was raised old school. For some, this will probably be an understatement. Pioneer culture evolved a lot different than other more coastal groups of people in the US but different doesn’t mean worse. For all of our quirks, I look at the way people treat each other in the more "Civilized" parts of the country and I can’t see that they have anything quite "dialed in" just yet either.

In a purely hypothetical discussion, anyone hear of somebody’s brother who knew a guy that lived next to somebody that enjoys handloading with their kids? I loved it as a kid and I cant be the only one.

If you have to change names, dates, and circumstances to keep the people that know what's best for us or maybe an ex wife off your back, I am sure everybody will understand. I would actually encourage you to just lie your @$$ off as a matter of keeping it hypothetical.

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 8 queries