View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 06:54 AM   #18
Daugherty16

Definitely Be a Member

Anyone who enjoys shooting and hunting or believes in the concept of self-defense should, in my opinion, be a member of the NRA. They are the oldest and largest RKBA advocacy group in the country and they most definitely have influence in Congress. With 5 million members, they have the ability, or at least the perceived ability, to influence election outcomes.

I don't agree with all their "positions" either, or at least i haven't always. We've heard Wayne's dire warnings about the gun grabbers for years, even while good progress was made on right to carry and in USSC decisions. Unfortunately, the warnings are now coming true but at state, not federal levels. It will take years to undo the recent spate of bans and restrictions, if at all.

While i don't always appreciate the frequent donation requests from the ILA, i usually make a contribution each quarter. They do good work for our cause, and they sponsor others who are working for the same ends. On balance, i believe them worth supporting with my dues and contributions.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02285 seconds with 8 queries