View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 03:57 AM   #20
sholling

I've customized six 10/22s for myself (4 shown below). The top two were built as hunter/plinkers and what they have in common is a lightweight stock and lightweight aftermarket barrels for hauling around out in the weeds. The third has a weighted barrel and comfortable stock for off-hand target shooting and the fourth is setup for benchrest (2 & 4 have since traded triggers). My point is to match the build to the intended usage. A Green Mountain 920 and a good trigger in a Boyds Tacticool would make you a nice brenchrest rifle as well as a slightly heavy mobile plinker.

Just keep in mind that it takes more than just a parts swap, it'll take good ammo and more than a bit of tinkering to get the best accuracy out of your build. Once the bug bites it's a constant process of puttering and improving and for that reason I'd start with the barrel and stock and get used to it and refine your goals before putting a small fortune into the trigger but if you get serious about benchrest you'll eventually want a 2-stage Kidd and you'll eventually want to bed the receiver and 1-2" of barrel. Take your time and experiment and figure out what works best for you.

BTW for the mag release I recommend the Tac-Sol shown on 3 & 4.

Last edited by sholling; March 12, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries