View Single Post
Old September 30, 1999, 03:34 PM   #1
stark

I ordered an Alessi Talon Plus for a Smith & Wesson/Walther SW99. It's an IWB holster, forward cant, Alessi Talon clip, in black. The only words that can describe the holster I received in the mail today are "beautiful" and "work of art."

I'm in love.

The holster fits the weapon absolutely perfectly. Retention is -too- good, but I know that will improve with practice presentations. I could jog upside down on my hands and this gun ain't comin' out! Fits well on my 1.5" belt, and the Talon clip is great...easy on, easy off, but stays where you put it. Much better than the crappy metal clips I am used to for clip-on IWBs.

The smell...Oh my, the smell. The Milt Sparks smelled good coming out of the box. The M/D Enterprises smelled better that the Sparks, but whatever magic pixie dust Lou is putting on his holsters, sweet Mary it smells like heaven. I want to roll my wife in it and wear her on my belt!

Obviously, a lot more living must be done with this holster to give a fair and accurate assessment, but so far, I concealed it under a t-shirt and a t-shirt and an outer shirt, and could see no trace in the mirror under normal movement. Under a jacket, Poof! Gone. I've done maybe 50, 75 presentations and the first few were tough. Have to tug the weapon good and firmly to get it out, but I don't see that as a problem. Like I said, it will get better with age, and plus I want it secure. Once again, I find myself wishing for a custom belt (next on the list!) but the stiffest belt in my closet will suffice for now. The everyday belt I wear is just too soft and flexible. Heed the advice you read on these forums...a good belt is the foundation. They ain't just blowin' sunshine up your skirt.

If you own a SW99 (or any other gun, for that matter!) and want an amazing holster at an equally amazing price ($55.00, he's giving them away), I suggest you talk to Mr. Alessi. He can be reached at [email protected] . (My apologies if you read this in more than one forum. I can't contain my pleasure at this product, and it may bubble over across the whole damned Internet.)

------------------

-stark-
ShootersNetwork
http://www.shootersnetwork.com
Web Hosting & Design for the shooting community

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 8 queries