View Single Post
Old August 2, 2013, 05:49 PM   #27
357 Python

I believe you have the right set of priorities. You first identified a threat, then realized you had little if any time to call 911 before entry was made. You then armed yourself with a good home defense weapon. You called 911 at the earliest time after you realized you were safe and the threat no longer existed. The only thing I could see that would have made it better is a blue tooth type of cell phone, but you would have had to already have it with you. You did just what I would have done, but the intruder would have seen the muzzle as I aimed at him ready to fire. As for replacing the 20 gauge, the 20 is just fine in that situation. I would load it with 00 or number 1 buckshot. If you do decide to change it out a 12 gauge with an 18 - 20 inch barrel from Remington, Mossberg, Benelli, Winchester or other high quality manufacturer will do the trick. I have experience with Remington, Mossberg, and Winchester and either one will handle the job nicely. Remington and Mossberg have models available for home defense or police service. Others may have to be adapted. You are here asking questions and seeking advice which is better than the alternative. Take care and stay safe.

Page generated in 0.02795 seconds with 8 queries