View Single Post
Old June 17, 2002, 10:48 PM   #6
Slabside

Bob Pope used to put on the biggest shows in Nashville at the I-24 Expo Center just east of Nashville. However, last yr, the owners of the Expo Ctr had a falling-out w/ Pope over various matters. This left Pope looking for a new home for his shows and there weren't any for a while. He has since relocated to the old Walmart bldg in Smyrna, TN. See this link...
http://www.guns4you.org/i24.html This bldg is small and in no way can accomodate the vast crowds or vendors that he used to have at the former location off the interstate.

I would say that, now, the Pope and Goodman shows are about the same in size. However, the Goodman show has been in the same place for yrs and folks know it well. It's more centrally located for folks from all over middle TN.

Yes, the shows have deteriorated in Nashville over the past couple of yrs for some reason. I believe the cost of tables to vendors and subsequently, the lack of vendors has caused this. Usually, there are a few good shows a yr but I don't believe that local vendors want to attend every show like in other places around the country due to these costs and lack of sales when folks won't come due to the lack of selection.

It's kinda like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.

Slabside
Heros may be found in the most unlikely of places

Page generated in 0.05497 seconds with 8 queries