View Single Post
Old August 2, 2001, 08:39 AM   #45
Legionnaire

Rich,

I've been enjoying this thread, especially hearing others' thinking about S.W.A.T. Magazine and gun rags in general. I concur with many of the comments about the name seeming to be directed to LEOs or cop-wannabes, but as has been said, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." To me, it's the content that matters. You said:
Quote:
As concerns "glossy reviews", Denny recently referenced a Beretta Shotgun as "designed by chimpanzees for use by apes" in a review. Seen anything like that in a gun mag (other than SOF) of late?
No, I've not seen anything like that recently. Sounds promising, as long as detail is provided regarding why this conclusion was drawn. I'm not looking for "inflammatory" comment - just accurate evaluation and overall assessment. Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly, and then let me decide. I'm looking forward to receiving my first issue.

An idea: How about a new forum within The Conference Center dedicated to rants and raves about S.W.A.T. Magazine? We could let you know what we think of articles and reviews, you could consider the input in the same line as letters to the editor, maybe even publish some comments from the forum in the magazine as a way to more tightly draw the link between the two. Just a thought.

Page generated in 0.03322 seconds with 8 queries