View Single Post
Old March 5, 2011, 05:43 PM   #30
silverrado58

You couldn't give me a Mossberg anything, I owned 2 Model 500's
As the raven said "Nevermore, Nevermore"! Posted the long story on another forum, will copy and paste here, as Arnold said "I'll Be Back"

Ok I'm back, here is the other post;

You couldn't give me a brand new Mossberg, owened one years ago, actually two of them one was a 20 ga. Model 500 did not have it long, say about a day. I bought it a K-Mart took it to the range, loaded it up, and the carrier would not bring the shells up high enough to allow the bolt to push the shells into the chamber. It went back to K-Mart, and since they didn't have another to replace it they gave me my money back. The next one I purchased, a couple years later was also a Model 500, but this time in 12 ga. Had it for awhile until one day while at the range I guess I racked the slide a a little too hard, (is that possible with a shotgun)???????????? Hmmm!!!!! Never seemed to happen with my Winchester Model 1300 Defender,(still have it) and no I was not doing a verticial rack like you see in the movies. Well anyway back to what happened to the Mossberg, it jammed up tight with a live shell half way into the chamber. Could not move the slide forward or back, and since I didn't have any tools with me, I had take it home in that condition. At home I found out what the problem was, a Torsion Spring that had one of its legs fall out of place and jammed up the trigger mechanism. There was nothing there to hold that leg in place, no cut out, nothing but the tension. I was totally amazed at this design flaw. Oh lets not forget about that cheap POS tang safety that seems to be broken on just about every Mossberg I've seen that is not brand new.

Last edited by silverrado58; March 5, 2011 at 05:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03495 seconds with 8 queries