View Single Post
Old September 3, 2014, 09:43 PM   #24
Technosavant

OK, they got back to me (the owner, David Moore, wrote it).

In short:

The charity is being kept under wraps... it was described as a national charity that ranks highly in terms of the most money making it to people in need. The reason for this is because the charity asked them to not reveal them (because the politically correct sort is the type to throw a fit if "incorrect" groups join in with them) at first. When the campaign ends they are going to reveal who it is and how much was given.

As far as how much, they're not really sure... that's pretty much what the $5 extra fee is for, but the costs involved with another color make them reluctant to make any other promises right now but they are willing to kick in even more if they feel it is needed.

Really, I felt the email to be very open and I got the feeling that this is a cause very near and dear to the heart of the family who runs the company... it doesn't seem like this is something they're going to play fast and loose with.

My conclusion: I'm going to place an order for some. I'd not seen them before, and I am very intrigued by this coating... so much the better this particular thing is for a good cause. I'm in.

Page generated in 0.03470 seconds with 8 queries