View Single Post
Old August 9, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
BigJimP

There is more than one model of the X-Five - I have the X Five (with the wood grips and the adj trigger ) in .40 S&W and it's available in 9mm as well. The other X Fives do not have the adj trigger system - so I would not buy one of them.

Les Baers guns shoot very well - but they are so darn tight, they are a giant pain in the butt to get apart ( and unneccesarily tight, in my view). I have 2 Baer's both Monolith models one in .45 and one in 9mm . I can't in all honesty recommend the Baer - it just is not that good a gun.

My X Five is one of my favorites and I shoot it a lot - my favorite 9mm is a Wilson Combat Protector model in all stainless. It shoots as well as my Baer Monolith in 9mm - and frankly is a better looking gun / and I don't need a 5 lb mallet to get the darn bushing out of the slide .....

I won't buy another Baer - but more Wilsons are on my Xmas list. I've been tempted to add another X Five to my safe in 9mm - but frankly the Wilson Protector is as good a gun - and since the X Five is about $2,450 now it is about the same price as a new Wilson and I have 5 9mm's now and that's probably enough anyway.

Page generated in 0.03203 seconds with 8 queries