View Single Post
Old June 15, 2002, 10:21 PM   #1
GhostShooter

Ayoob (Stressfire) tactic question

I finished reading Stressfire the other day (great book) and I had a question I thought a few of the more informed might be able to answer cornering his shotgun techniques. In the book he discourages moving around corners at the low read because someone might be able to pull you off balance when you come around the corner and instead recommends port arms. As I read this and talked to others about the issue, I don't see how this would give you the advantage. First, I always thought you were supposed to square the corners at least 1ft. away from the wall (which would negate the grabbing of the barrel at low ready)? Second, he says that if the attacker grabs the shotgun you will be able to perform either a groin strike or another maneuver to release the weapon. Doesn't this lead to a wrestling match over the gun (not a good idea for smaller men/women)? Finally, even if he manages to surprise you at the low ready and grab the barrel could you just pull the trigger and blow his leg off?

Again, I'm not doubting Ayoob I'm just asking for some clarification as to how this would give me an advantage when moving around corners with a shotgun.

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries