View Single Post
Old July 2, 2001, 05:48 AM   #16
uglygun

ARs? From what little I post on this forum it should by now already be known that I love the things.

For what can't be done with a 223Rem AR15 or the wide range of custom chamberings based off of that magazine size and lower receiver, I've got my AR10 for extended versatility.

Can't wait to get one of those Tromix uppers, I'm thinking about either a 440Corbon or a 50AE upper where those two chamberings are approaching 45-70 level power after coming out of an 18-20 inch barrel.

The AR10 is gonna have a few chamberings done up some day, 243Winchester is planned as well as a 260Rem upper. And now people are looking into the possibility of a 300Winchester Short Magnum chambering for the AR10 so that should get really interesting as well.

As far as the whole versatility thing. I just look at the AR family as the Thompson Contender or Encore of the semiauto world. The similarity is striking in that respect. Then ofcourse there's the ability of taking one lower receiver from a defensive carbine setup to a long range varmint setup with just the simple switching of upper assemblies, I love that fact.

Yep, definitely love the AR design. Mine have proven to be quite reliable too.

Page generated in 0.04896 seconds with 8 queries