View Single Post
Old January 2, 2011, 08:21 PM   #8
X_shooter

It is an interesting video. I'll reserve my opinion of its objectivity. I own two of these and decided to determine for myself if there was any risk of not getting my firearm out when I needed it. After studying the holster and its supernatural retention system I determined that the odds were very very very low that I could not get the firearm out when I needed it. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it.

I should have recorded all of my observations at the time, but the gist of it was that the lever only had to be depressed a very short stroke to release. It was maybe a third of its entire travel. That meant that something uncompressable would need to be lodged in the mechanism at just the precise location preventing that travel. Compressable material such as snow would be unlikely. Any material coming in would need to be smaller than the tolerances around the lever itself so that limits what can go wrong.

I'm not saying all of your buddies malfunctions didn't happen or that this video was not realistic. I didn't press the lever. Luckily I have been fortunate as not to drop in the snow and slide around on all axis while being stepped on with weapon holstered and without.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries