View Single Post
Old December 15, 2009, 11:26 AM   #11
BigJimP

Its something I do all the time ..but I had to think and go get one of my shotguns ....

as you fit the barrels into the receiver / the barrels are pointed at about 7 oclock on a clock face ( if the receiver is in the center of the clock face) - insert the lug on the barrel onto the hinge ( don't force it / if it doesn't go onto the lug and drop into the receiver smoothly - take the barrels out and try it again ) - and the barrels should travel into the receiver. As they bottom out on the shelf - then move the lever to the right - and push the barrels the rest of the way into the receiver.

I use Rig grease on the receiver hinge / the ears along the sides and front of receiver that holds the barrels and the face where the forend locks into the receiver and the barrels - and on the barrel lug under the barrels ( and I apply it liberally ).

The point is to get a "feel" for the barrels dropping right onto the hinge / and rotating into the receiver - and then lock them in as you move the lever to the right. I have barrels in my left hand / receiver in my right hand ( it'll soon be 2nd nature, like riding a bike ...) and hard to describe without a shotgun in your hand apparently ...

Last edited by BigJimP; December 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02562 seconds with 8 queries