View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 04:31 PM   #32
amamnn

Concerning plated bullets.......

One statement:

I've been using a lot of Berry bullets in a variety of calibers and have never had any problems with them. I have used Rainiers, they being my neighbors, and had no problems, but the Berrys seem to give me tighter groups. I only use double struck bullets in my match guns, and I may not really be a good enough shot to need them or take advantage of them.

One question, well, two:

When was the last time you had your micrometer calibrated? Did you have anyone else measure the bullets before calling Berry?

One observation:

Any manufacturing process is liable to error. Mistakes happen and none of us are perfect----BUT----in every case in which I thought there was something wrong with a gun/primer/bullet/case or what have you---AND--- the manufacturer said it was ok, it later turned out that unless I had other people--mainly gunsmiths-- look at the same problem---I was wrong and the makers were right. I have never dealt with any firearm or firearm related product manufacturer who did not bend over backward to be sure their product was spot on before taking issue with a customer. One exception that proved the rule was a "match" barrel maker who was/is failing and felt they could not afford to correct all their mistakes. In their case, they did not have the same desire to keep a clean slate as the vast majority of our suppliers do.

Just some points to ponder .....

Page generated in 0.02713 seconds with 8 queries