View Single Post
Old April 14, 2010, 09:01 AM   #5
45Gunner

Lasers have their place. The video by Crimson Trace is an very nice marketing tool to sell lasers.

I consider myself an excellent marksman and while I do have a laser on one of my guns, I use it only to be proficient with it. Otherwise, I prefer to shoot without it. It has no place is draw, point, shoot....to the way I train.

On the flip side of the coin, one of my shooting buddies hangs a laser on each and every new gun he buys. He spends countless time and ammo zeroing in the laser and has become what I call, "a laser cripple." If the battery goes dead and he has no spare, he is finished shooting for the day. He has become so very dependent on that laser that his manual skills have declined to the point that is unwilling to re-hone them.

It boils down to whatever one is comfortable with. I'm an old school type of guy. Yeah, I like the technology but am most comfortable with the good old fashion sights. Some may even call me a dinosaur, egad.....I must be getting old. Yet, others love and embrace the technology. It does not make anyone right or others wrong. It is just a matter of personal preference.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03804 seconds with 8 queries