View Single Post
Old October 24, 2013, 12:02 AM   #16
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Well, sure -- but the guy who is going to have the fire codes is the fire marshal, and he's the one who's going to cite you if you have too much explosive stored in your garage or basement. So walking in and asking him to see the NFPA standards on storing explosives is probably not the best way to fly under the radar.
As I said in my last post - ALL ordinances and adopted code had to be available to residents (in the locations in which I have lived). The fire marshal might have been an easy contact for a quick query, but they were generally unavailable (due to the "unified" fire districts spanning many cities and even county lines - they were always out of their offices).

Why would you be worried about asking the fire marshal what you can legally store, if you're likely to be well below any potential limit (the situation the OP is in)? ...unless you have something else you're trying to hide?

And, don't label the average person as an idiot, that will have no idea what to do with a code book. This average idiot (with no prior experience) has always managed to find exactly what he needed to know, be it city ordinances, fire code, electrical code, building code, plumbing code, "subterranean improvements", or even EPA regulations for a placer claim with an active water source.

Page generated in 0.02831 seconds with 8 queries