View Single Post
Old August 3, 2008, 08:33 PM   #80
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Agreed however you have eliminated cartridge power from the equation.
It does but if your cartridge lacks the ability to penetrate deeply or through bones, both of the above are for not.
I included that only as an example. Folks who expect trouble only carry puny as a BUG. Just trying to make a point. Carry what you want.....if it can't penetrate oh well.........to late.
I agree however basing everything on the fact that most will give up the attack at the sight of the gun is just not tactically sound IMO after all statistics say you will never need to even brandish your gun yet we still carry.
Actually, I placed cartridge power near the TOP of my consideration. However, no common handgun cartridge in the world will do you ANY good if you can't place the shot correctly to begin with. This holds the trump card over any other consideration. This goes back to my original statement that IMO one has to be comfortable using the firearm and being able to effectively use it. I'd rather have a .40S&W in a Service XD than a Ruger Blackhawk in .44Mag. If the situation arises, I know I'd be better in defending myself with the XD even though it's a much "weaker" cartridge.

Other people may be better suited to use a smaller gun chambered in .380 than one of bigger size. Better to be proficient in stopping your agressor with a .32 than marginal with a 10mm....

By the way, I'm not trying to advocate to carry the smallest cartridge out there just to be lazy. My point is that ANY cartridge that one chooses to carry is better that one is most proficient using is the best.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 8 queries