View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Randomgt99

Pinned muzzle brake slightly off center

I recently finished my first AR 15 build. I spent just over 6 months and quite a bit of money piecing it together. Because I decided to go with a 14.5 barrel (and because I'm in NY) I had to get my muzzle brake pinned. I went with a BCM barrel and a Battlecomp muzzle brake. After I picked it up from the gun shop I examined the weld. It was a little sloppy, but I can live with that. After looking at it for a few minutes i noticed that the battlecomp was slightly off center. I'm talking only a couple degrees, but it still really annoyed me. Some people I asked said that I wouldn't notice any difference while shooting. i would just have to live knowing that it is slightly off center. I plan on taking it to the range this weekend. If it shoots okay then I will be able to live with it.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Do you think there will e any noticeable difference shooting it or am I making a big deal out of nothing? It just annoys me that I put so much time and effort into this project for someone else who is supposed to be a professional to screw up.

Last edited by Randomgt99; January 7, 2013 at 09:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.02877 seconds with 8 queries