View Single Post
Old July 18, 2005, 10:15 AM   #1
caz223

best cheap press that doesn't spill spent primers.

I upgraded to a dillon 550 a few years ago, and I want to make it clear, I'm not going back to single stage.
But sometimes you just need a little press on the bench to do some odd job, and you don't have to set up your monster machine.
Well, I've been using my RCBS partner, cheap, doesn't take up a lot of space.
The thing that really burns my biscuits is that it drops primers, 10% of cases getting decapped drop their spent primers right on the floor, where I step on them, and track them everywhere.
It's bad enough I got ground walnut on the floor, but primers too?
[/rant]
Anyway, I sold my special 5 (Which dropped a few primers), I use my 550 once a week (That drops primers, but not nearly as bad.) and I can no longer tolerate the partner littering. It's hard enough keeping the bench clean as it is, ya know?
I just tumbled/decapped/deprimed/cleaned primer pockets on a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm brass and the floor is just a mess.
Once I get the case feeder for my 550 this will no longer be a concern, but I still have 2 buckets of brass to go through.
I would even tolerate Lee equipment if it was cheap, small, and didn't spill spent primers on the floor.

Page generated in 0.02511 seconds with 8 queries