Thread: Bore Snakes
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2008, 11:29 PM   #51
Bogie

Sigh.

Is that the most intelligent discourse you can offer?

You really wanna fight an old fat crippled up vet? How civilized.

Glad you had a bunch of alleged hard chargers in your company, but one of the reasons the Pentagon went with self-loading rifles as opposed to the more accurate bolt actions was that a lot of soldiers don't aim. And a lot of them do not want to take someone else's life - regardless of what they may say in a barracks atmosphere. It's part of human nature, and it's one of the hardest parts of training.

And that's held true from WWII through the present. The guys with stars are happy when we get a lot of lead in the air, because they figure at least something will hit. Read a little history.

In my experience, they sorta went snap/bang, and you could feel the things beating up on the sound barrier...

The poor American slob, doing his best to soldier on, has been one of my heroes since youth. However, I know, from personal experience, that he doesn't look like Superman. Not even on a good day...

http://www.stripes.com/02/nov02/maul...s/_maul16.html

And making the world's greatest bottle openers!

Page generated in 0.01911 seconds with 8 queries