View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 05:47 PM   #3
MacGille

Conical bullets were available to the old timers, but they shot round balls in c&b pistols. Also they didn't try to load the maximum powder charge but used restraint. I think there is a good reason for this and I don't advise anyone to overload their pistol. If you are afflicted with magnumitis then shoot modern pistols. A c&b pistol is made for round balls. pressures and forcing cones are for round balls. A number of the horror stories I have heard can be attributed to huge powder loads, bp substitutes (like 777) which are hotter than bp and have a bad history of failing to ignite reliably.

Use your pistol for the purpose for which it was intended and you will have fewer problems.
If ye love wealth better than Liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animated contest of Freedom, go from us in Peace. We ask not your counsel or Arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. --Samuel Adams--<*ixoye><

Page generated in 0.03053 seconds with 8 queries