View Single Post
Old December 13, 2006, 06:19 PM   #24
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
Never said that. I said legalizing a drug such as marrujuana to be OTC would just compound the problem=. Having a trained prfessional administer morphine to a patient in pain and no dependency will occur. Same for all pain killers, sleep aids, etc. If a doctor prescribes and amount there is a fill date and they can monitor how much you actually take based on how much you use in whatever time it is that you take until you need a refill.

And as for marrujuanna being safe, it's not safe for those around you. Being high you get forgetful and carefree and things are great. You won't notice the little old lady crossing the street ahead of you or whatever. Also as I stated earlier, marrujuanna is a "gateway drug" that leads to other abuses if it is abused. Some people have no restraint I know a Belgian who smokes pot but he only does it in the morning or at night, not while working or anything else. Some ppl get so addicted to it that they light one up whenever they get the chance. If it is legalized there will be more regulations on other areas of life like driving while high will probably be illegal, operating machinery and all that other stuff you aren't allowed to do drunk (operate a boat is another one)

And gateway drug is an actual term that explains a phenomena. Alcohol impairs judgement but others say it doesn't. It has been proven that alcohol interferes with your brain development and actually deteriorates brain activity over time. Marrujuanna has the same effect as alcohol on your judgement. It impairs your thinking and interferes with brain activity. If it didn't affect your thinking you wouldn't get "high." Now there are medicinal purposes and potential for marrujuanna but they must be administered by professionals and not be otc or convienience store available like cigarettes. you can't buy morphine next to the beer can you?

Edit: Just to clarify even more JUDGE MENT IS IMPAIRED!!! you've seen stupid things ppl do when drunk. It's not much different on pot
WeedWacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries