View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 02:10 PM   #19
Metal god

Thanks guys , I do hold my breath . I take one deep breath in and exhale about half and hold . I will try taking a couple more just before the hold and see if that works .

Quote:
You might try timing your shots; as in really waiting for the barrel to cool. Perhaps take 10 minutes between shots with the action open between shots; or take two or three at a time
This must not be the thread I talked about barrel temp in but I keep track of my ammo temp as well as my barrel temp before each string . I try to start each string of the day at the same ammo and barrel temp . That temp changes from day to day do to the ambient temp . The other day it was 91* out so my barrel never got below 89* . About a month ago I was shooting when it was 70* out and my barrel barely past 90* after a string .

Bart : I have one hand ( palm & thumb) on the side of the stock , 3 fingers from that hand under and gripping the stock and that hand is what I use to pull the gun into my shoulder as well as pull the trigger , The other hand is squeezing the rear bag and I'm pretty sure the hand on the bag is not touching the rifle at all .

I've talked about my reticle moving a little when I take aim but the other day it was moving double if not triple the amount I'm used to . There was a point that I was trying to time when my reticle was with in a 1" area of my intended POA . I have become to except my reticle to move about 1/4 to 1/2 moa but the other day it was moving at times as much as 1.5 moa . I was shooting 100yds .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02851 seconds with 8 queries